Fully Understanding And Using The DaVinci Ascent Portable Vaporizer
As we know Leonardo DaVinci’s many claim to fame’s, outside of his famous art work was his amazing ability for advanced innovations far before modern times. The same can be said about the DaVinci Ascent Portable Vaporizer company’s focus on creative high tech functionality and design of their Ascent dry herb vaporizer device.
This review of Top Vaporizers For 2023 of the Ascent is the 2nd generation of the DaVanci line, it should be known that they have introduced a brand new contemporary vaporizer called the “IQ” that has addressed many issues and added features. For more information on this new product check out our DaVinci IQ Review 2023
What’s In The Box And How Does It Work
When you open the DaVinci Ascent Portable Vaporizer, you’ll need to charge it. Just plug the charger into the port that is located at the bottom of the unit. Always allow for plenty of time for your new vaporizer to fully charge before you begin using it. It may take up to five hours for your DaVinci Ascent to fully charge, so you’re going to have to be patient.
Once your DaVinci Ascent Portable Vaporizer is fully charged, you can press the power button that is located inside of the glass mouthpiece. Now, an LED-lit screen will light up and welcome you to your new DaVinci Ascent. After the unit powers up, you can then see that the glass-lined ceramic bowl starts heating up.
For this reason, it’s suggested that before loading the herbs you’re going to use in your unit, you have the unit off. Don’t turn it on until the unit is loaded and fully charged. It will heat up quickly, and you’ll want to be prepared.
After you’ve loaded the bowl, turn the switch back on so that the unit begins to heat up.
It’s suggested that you don’t fill the bowl more than halfway full as it will conduct the heat and energy. If you’re going to be using concentrates, you can just drop in the desired amount of concentrate into the jar for oil and set this in the bowl.
After you’ve properly prepared and loaded the container, simply switch the heater unit back on by pressing the setting button as well as the + button. You’ll now see the thermometer light up on the LED screen. This way, you’ll know that the unit is properly heating up.
If you need to adjust the temperature, you can just press the + or the – buttons to adjust the temperature up or down. The LED will alert you to what the temperature setting is at any given time. Whether you have a portable vaporizer or a tabletop vaporizer, the temperature setting is important to provide the proper vapor production.
While your unit is heating up, you can prepare to do your vaping by pulling the retractable glass mouthpiece out and waiting for the proper temperature. It’s that simple. You may have to use it with the pick the first few times as it sits tightly in the port. You may also use it without having extended the mouthpiece. However, that’s a personal choice. Most people prefer to use it with the mouthpiece.
Cleaning your DaVinci Ascent Portable Vaporizer is easy. All you have to do is remove the retractable mouthpiece from the unit and the inner glass piece that is a straw. You can find this when you open the hinge. Soak them in isopropyl alcohol. You will also do this with your oil jars if you’re using oils.
Likes (What we like about the Ascent)
- Easily Portable: It’s easy to port this unit from one location to another. It’s about the size of the average cell phone.
- It can vape both dry herbs as well as concentrate oils and liquids.
- It offers temperature control so you can easily adjust the temperature to your liking. Keep in mind that you can do this at 1-degree intervals.
- It heats up quickly, and you can anticipate that it will be ready within 30 seconds.
- The glass vapor path can be easily cleaned with rubbing alcohol and ideal for medical marijuana patients as well as recreational use.
- It’s very easy to clean.
- There is an auto-shut-off timer that will automatically shut off from 30 seconds to 20 minutes depending on where you set the timer to go off.
- There are three personal vape cycles so you can set it how you want it and others can set it to their personal preferences.
- The dual temp display allows you to set the button and see the Fahrenheit or the Celsius temperature readings.
- The packaging is aesthetically pleasing.
- It has a quality feel and design.
- The vapor that it produces is pure and full of flavor.
- It has a beautiful velvet carry case that comes with it.
- The design is inconspicuous, so you won’t have to worry that others will even have a clue what it is thanks to the retractable mouthpiece.
Dislikes (Things that we feel the Ascent needs improving)
- Older patients may struggle to extract the retractable mouthpiece. This is especially true if they have arthritis or joint issues in their hands.
- The power button can sometimes be difficult to press, especially for arthritis patients or those suffering from joint issues.
- It takes 5 hours to fully charge the unit which seems a long time and then you only get 2.5 hours of time vaping before you have to recharge the unit.
- The bottom can become hot and burn you, so you’ll have to be cautious when using it.
- The heating element is ceramic, so it can also burn you.
- It’s very easy to burn yourself if you load the unit while it’s on.
- Older patients may struggle to remove the oil jar with the pick.
- Patients with nerve diseases or other conditions may also struggle to remove the bowl.
- The design allows for a lot of conduction of the heat and may easily combust if you don’t stir the dry herb vaporizer when they are at a higher temperature.
- Occasionally, small particles of the dried herbs can make their way through the straw and into your mouth. This isn’t something pleasant.
- Many patients have also complained that the jars of oil can leak causing the unit to become difficult to open and close. You can avoid this by simply being very cautious while using the unit and making sure to maintain the unit in an upright position at all times, especially when it’s loaded with oil or e-liquid.
- Always remove the jar as soon as you’re finished and begin your cleaning process as soon as possible so that you can keep it in top working condition. Never use the DaVinci Ascent Portable Vaporizer in any other fashion than described to ensure your safety